Herby Tomato Soup
- 2 cans tomato
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 level teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/3 tube tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coriander (chopped)
- 150 ml double cream
- a little butter
- Sweat the onion in the butter until soft but not coloured.
- Add the cumin and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, and dried herbs. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs, and blend. Stir in the cream and season.
Obviously, the more fresh herbs the better. I might have been a
little more generous with the herbs than stated.