Seared Tuna on Tabouleh
- 2 tuna steaks
- 6 ounces bulgar wheat
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 handfuls basil, chopped
- 2 handfuls flat leaf parsley, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 birdseye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 3 inch length of cucumber, diced
- 1 good handful seedless white grapes, quartered
- Cover the wheat in boiling water and soak for 30 minutes.
- Crush the coriander seeds and the garlic in a pestle and mortar. Add
the lemon juice and half the herbs and chilli.
- Season the fish and rub on the mixture.
- Drain the wheat and add the remaining ingredients. Season well. Put the
tabouleh in the fridge to cool.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy frying pan until very hot. Sear the fish for no more than 60 seconds a side. Serve immediately on a bed of tabouleh.
This recipe leaves the tuna quite pink in the middle. If you prefer your
fish cooked through, you'll need to lower the heat and cook more gently
for perhaps 6 or 7 minutes. It won't taste as good though.