Black Forest Ham and Tarragon Tagliatelle
- 500 grams fresh tagliatelle
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 150 grams Black Forest ham, chopped
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml double cream
- 15 grams, or a large handful, fresh tarragon, chopped
- In a little olive oil, fry the onions over a medium heat until softened, but not coloured.
- Add the garlic and ham and continue to fry for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and cream and simmer to reduce to a thickened sauce.
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Add the tarragon to the sauce, drain the pasta and combine with the sauce.
My wife Jo came up with this one.